The school was recently renamed in honor of Daniel Lairon, who served as principal of this school for 15 years. He passed away midway through the 2009-2010 school year.
It is a school that serves more than 550 students with a goal to prepare all children to be global learners.
City Year San Jose/Silicon Valley will engage more than 60 external volunteers in service including City Year alums, friends and family, and employees of Bank of America, Starbucks and Reading Partners. Together, we will complete some really incredible projects which include:
- Rennovating the school garden
- Painting panel murals to be hung around the entire campus
- Cleaning and organizing classrooms and storage spaces
- Painting the blacktop
Want to see the service as it happens? Be sure to follow @CityYearSanJose on Twitter for live updates. To see more photos and coverage from the service day at City Year sites across the country, visit the official City Year Blog Events page.
If you are serving with City Year, be sure to share your service! All you have to do is:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach: photos, video, media files
- Subject: This will be the title of your post
- Body: This will be the text of your post – include your name, role in event, location
All posts will be reviewed and must follow our guidelines in order to be published.
Megan Baker, Recruitment Project Leader & Social Media Manager CYSJ