Each week, City Year San Jose/Silicon Valley will thank a person or organization for inspiring us in our service. This week, Senior Corps Member Dan Blahnik thanks all of the organizations who have offered us support for our service project on MLK Day.
All across the country, City Year will be honoring the legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. by engaging the our respective communities in service projects. In San José, we will be serving at Daniel Lairon Elementary School where we will be doing some pretty awesome projects including renovating the school garden and painting panel murals to be displayed around the campus.
This service day could not have gone on without the support of all donations we have received from organizations in the community.
I want to thank:
- Kelly-Moore and Sherwin-Williams for each of their donations of paint to create all of the panel murals and blacktop graphics
- Capital Wholesale Nursery for their donation of plants to rejuvenate the school garden
- Noah’s Bagels and Starbucks for their contributions to provide breakfast for our corps and volunteers
- Ace Hardware’s various donations of supplies
- Anne Marie and her catering business are providing a delicious free lunch for everyone attending
The biggest thank you has to go out to everyone who will be at Lairon Elementary to serve with us on Monday. Without them, none of the work could be done.
Dan Blahnik, Civic Engagement Project Leader CYSJ