For the second year in a row, City Year San Jose/Silicon Valley partnered with Care Force and Silicon Valley tech company NVIDIA to throw a party with a purpose. Each year, we have engaged more than 1,000 volunteers at this party which is called Project Inspire.
Here are some of the projects we completed on the day of service, which was Saturday, Dec. 11:
- Built a greenhouse
- Created urban gardens to give San Jose families access to healthy food
- Repainted the Pacific Hotel, Dashaway Stables, Firehall Rec Room and historic homes
- Built picnic tables and benches
- Painted chess boards on picnic tables
- Built 1ft x 1ft planter boxes for San Jose youth to use to learn how to grow healthy foods
- Painted a mural for the entrance, the bee farm area and at the Schmahl Science Warehouse
- Built and installed new fencing at the bee farm area
It was an absolutely incredible day of service and City Year San Jose/Silicon Valley was so thankful to be a part of it. If you would like to see photos from this amazing event, check out the NVIDIA Flickr photostream and the City Year Flickr photostream.
A big thank you to team Care Force for working tirelessly for making this project a success. And of course, thanks to NVIDIA for making the choice to give back during the holidays. The service we were able to provide thanks to your generosity is going to impact thousands of San Jose families and we cannot thank you enough!
Megan Baker, Recruitment Project Leader & Social Media Manager CYSJ